Full Pack Flywheel Range
The flywheel is a rotating mechanical device in the car clutch system which is used as a storage device for rotational energy from transmission inertia.
Flywheels are featured on every internal combustion engine vehicle, and solid flywheels are the most common flywheel type for gasoline-powered engines.
Valeo has been an Original Equipment (OE) quality manufacturer since 1923 and now offers a variety of part options, including Solid Flywheels, Hybrid Flywheels, and Dual Mass Flywheels.
What is a Dual Mass Flywheel?
When modern engines producing high-torque at low speeds became common in the 1980s, there was a need for an improved flywheel design. This need led to the development of the Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF).
The DMF design moves the damper springs inside the flywheel itself to better filter torsional engine vibrations.
This design improves efficiency while reducing emissions. Improved damping reduces strain on the transmission and improves driver comfort.
The Dual Mass Flywheel is composed of two independent flywheels, which split the inertia between the engine and transmission.
The primary flywheel is bolted directly to the crankshaft and contains the damping springs. The secondary flywheel is fitted to a clutch cover and a solid clutch disc.
The friction washers, drive plate, bearings, springs, and clutch cover are between the two flywheels.
Valeo DMF Solutions
Valeo offers a variety of OE and aftermarket DMF solutions for your garage, including Valeo FullPACK™ DMF and Valeo KIT4P™ Conversion Kits.
Valeo’s current DMF range:
- Full Pack DMFs: more than 181 part numbers
- DMFs: more than 306 part numbers
- Valeo Kit4P (Dual Mass Flywheel and Clutch Kit): more than 169 part numbers
Why choose Valeo?
- Valeo offers a comprehensive and varied product range for all your garage’s needs; our DMF offering covers 81% of the European automobile fleet.
- Valeo is an OE and OES (Original Equipment Supplier) partner of most car manufacturers.
- With 92 years of OE expertise in engineering and producing friction material, we offer outstanding DMF performance with best-in-class friction materials.
- Valeo’s OE DMF technologies ensure an excellent driving experience with 100% torque transmission, high vibration filtration and improved shifting comfort.
Do you work with flywheels on a regular basis? Dual Mass Flywheels contain intricate parts that can be easily damaged by user error during fitment.
Learn the best practices for handling and storing DMFs in our free webinar.
Before you attempt a Dual Mass Flywheel repair, consider watching the Valeo free webinar on whether Dual Mass Flywheels should be reconditioned.