EGR Systems for car
What are EGR systems?
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) is an efficient, cost effective system for reducing automotive nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. The high-pressure EGR loop collects part of the exhaust gases at the cylinder head outlet and re-injects them into the engine air intake. The main benefit is that NOx is reduced at the source by limiting the quantity produced during the combustion process, rather than by post-treating the exhaust gases.
Original Equipment EGR for the aftermarket
- With more than 20 years of experience in developing EGR products, Valeo, a worldwide Original Equipment (O.E.) leader in EGR Systems, offers 100% O.E. EGR products for the aftermarket: EGR Valves, EGR Air-intake Throttles, EGR Coolers, EGR Modules.
- 90% of Valeo's EGR valves are made in France and the range covers more than 35 million vehicles in Europe.
- Environmental responsibility is at the heart of Valeo’s strategy and Valeo EGR valves are 100% compliant with European Emissions standards (from Euro2 to Euro6).
- Develop your business in the most simple way: with Valeo Service!
Reasons to choose Valeo EGR systems
- Over 20 years’ experience in developing EGR products covering all major car manufacturers
- O.E. solution for the whole range with 90% of our EGR valves made in France
- 100% compliant with European Emissions regulations standards (Euro 2 to Euro 6)
- Genuine technical support to help you service more efficiently
What is an EGR valve?
An EGR valve is one of the main components in the EGR system, used to help control emissions. The EGR valve collects part of the exhaust gases and re-injects them into the engine air intake in order to decrease pollution generated by combustion engines (NOx). The EGR valve is mounted on a channel between exhaust and inlet manifolds.
EGR Air Intake Throttle
What is an air intake throttle?
An air-intake throttle, or throttle body, is a valve that regulates the amount of air entering the engine. For diesel engines, the throttle body achieves low leak rates for smooth engine shutdown, and minimized noise, vibration and harshness. The air-intake throttle is located between the intercooler and the intake manifold.
What is an EGR cooler?
An EGR cooler, or EGR exchanger, cools the exhaust gases before they are reintroduced into the engine. By cooling the gases, the EGR cooler improves EGR efficiency. EGR cooler is located on EGR channel and can be by-passed during the cold start phase.
What is an EGR module?
An EGR module is a combination of several EGR elements that can be mixed together as follows:
EGR valve + EGR cooler + bypass
EGR valve + EGR cooler
Integrated EGR modules enable individual EGR components to interact seamlessly, increasing efficiency and reducing emissions.