EGR Systems for Cars
What are EGR Systems?
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) is an efficient, cost-effective system for reducing automotive nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions. The high-pressure EGR loop collects part of the exhaust gases at the cylinder head outlet and re-injects them into the engine air intake. The main benefit is that NOx is reduced at the source by limiting the quantity produced during combustion rather than post-treating exhaust gases.
What is An EGR Valve?
The EGR valve is one of the main components in the EGR system, used to help control emissions. The EGR valve collects part of the exhaust gases and re-injects them into the engine air intake to decrease pollution generated by combustion engines (NOx). The EGR valve is mounted on a channel between the exhaust and inlet manifolds.
EGR Air Intake Throttle
What is An Air Intake Throttle?
The air intake throttle, or throttle body, is a valve that regulates the amount of air entering the engine. In diesel engines, the throttle body achieves low leak rates for smooth engine shutdown and minimized noise, vibration and harshness. The air intake throttle is located between the intercooler and the intake manifold.
What is An EGR Cooler?
The EGR cooler, or EGR exchanger, cools the exhaust gases before reintroducing them into the engine. By cooling the gases, the EGR cooler improves car EGR efficiency. The EGR cooler is located on the EGR channel and can be bypassed during the cold start phase.
What is An EGR Module?
The EGR module is a combination of several EGR elements that can be combined as follows:
EGR valve + EGR cooler + bypass
EGR valve + EGR cooler
Integrated EGR modules enable individual EGR components to interact seamlessly, increasing efficiency and reducing emissions.
Original Equipment Car EGRs for the Aftermarket
- Valeo, a worldwide Original Equipment (OE) leader in EGR Systems, offers 100% OE EGR products for the aftermarket, including EGR Valves, EGR Air-intake Throttles, EGR Coolers, EGR Modules
- Valeo’s EGR valve range covers more than 35 million vehicles in Europe
- Environmental responsibility is at the heart of Valeo’s strategy, and Valeo EGR valves are 100% compliant with European Emissions standards (from Euro 2 to Euro 6)
Reasons to Choose Valeo EGR Systems
- Over 20 years of experience in developing car EGR products covering all major car manufacturers
- OE solutions for the entire range, with 90% of our EGR valves made in France
- 100% compliant with European Emissions regulations standards (Euro 2 to Euro 6)
- Genuine technical support to help you service more efficiently
- Valeo Service is the simplest way to develop your business!
Learn more about EGR Valves
EGR Valves are a critical part of the emissions control systems in modern engines. To learn more about EGR Valves, consider watching one of our free online webinars led by a Valeo expert. We recommend: