Spare parts range for cars
Valeo, your Electrical Systems specialist
Valeo is an O.E. (Original Equipment) global leader in Electrical Systems
1 in 3 cars is equipped with Valeo Starters or Alternators
Valeo is the main O.E. and O.E.S. partner of all major car manufacturers
Valeo’s O.E. Expertise ensures optimal safety and reliability for the best performance
Product focus: Freewheel Pulley by Valeo
- The freewheel pulley is the mechanical link between the alternator and the engine output crankshaft pulley. This alternator component is subject to high stress: it rotates up to 12,000 r/min and must be changed every 50,000 miles (80.000km).
- The main benefits of a freewheel pulley versus a solid one:
- Stops friction loss due to belt slippage
- Secures the belt drive system by absorbing engine acyclisms
- Allows the alternator motor to keep turning in freewheel mode when engine is coasting or stopping
- Over 100 million vehicles are equipped with Valeo’s freewheel pulley in Europe, covering more than 30% of the car park. This is expected to reach 80% by 2030.
Why choose Valeo Electrical Systems?
- Valeo is the O.E. leader in Electrical Systems with extensive experience in spare parts manufacturing
- Our original spare parts guarantee the same levels of quality and reliability as Original Equipment certified by Valeo
- A complete and adapted range for newer and older vehicles
- Our Spare Parts’ improved resistance offers increased durability
- We’ve developed a dynamic range with regular product extensions
- New products are immediately available thanks to our efficient Time-To-Market strategy