Car Steering Column Locks & Ignition Switches
Finding quality parts to replace anti-theft systems on ageing cars is increasingly difficult. Valeo provides an adapted range without any compromise on quality.
The causes of mechanical column switch replacement are varied, but wear and intrusion attempts are the most common root causes.
As soon as the lock or the lock housing is damaged, the driver can no longer start the engine. The vehicle is immobilized, and the driver needs a rapid solution to regain the ability to start the engine.
Valeo’s range availability allows a quick response with reliable parts. The range includes several combinations of aftermarket security parts for a wide range of vehicles, including:
- Car Steering Column Ignition Switches
- Car Steering Column Locks (SCLs)
- Car Steering Column Lock Housings
- Car Steering Column Lock Housings with Car Ignition Switch
Valeo provides steering lock devices only for vehicles with a mechanical anti-theft system.
The anti-theft system is used to lock the steering column with a mechanical element.
Different Anti-Theft Systems:
- Cartridge lock: The most common solution on French vehicles
- Angle lock: The most common solution on German and Japanese vehicles
- One-piece lock: Uncommon on the market