Air intake throttles for car
Valeo's Air Intake Module: PACE AwardTM 2013
In 2013 Valeo won the Automotive News PACE (Premier Automotive Suppliers' Contribution to Excellence) Award for its Water Charged Air Cooled Air Intake Module featured on Volkswagen’s 4-cylinder 1.6 and 2.0 TDi engines.
In addition to improving fuel economy, the compact Valeo Air Intake Module promotes engine downsizing without sacrificing response and driver satisfaction. The air intake throttle regulates the amount of air-intake into the system and allows the injection system to send the correct amount of fuel for optimum performance.
The air intake throttle is mounted at the intake manifold of the engine. With its O.E. expertise in thermal systems, choose Valeo air intake throttle for:
- O.E. quality certified by Valeo tests
- Deep know-how
- High performance materials and assembly quality
- Increases the EGR flow - Helps for the EFAP regeneration
- Reduces Shut-off shake (vibrations when the engine is turned off):
- The Valeo Air Intake Module technology helps vehicle manufacturers utilising both petrol and diesel engines meet future global tailpipe emission regulations.
- Valeo’s compact Air Intake Module uses a highly effective fluid coolant heat exchanger integrated into the air intake manifold to minimise air pressure losses and reduce turbo lag during acceleration.
- The Valeo Air Intake Module not only accommodates the throttle body and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve, it also provides vehicle manufacturers with additional space and flexibility under the hood.